Watercolor 101: My Illustration Secrets
Learn about the basics of watercolor painting, what tools to use, as well as, some of my own hints & tips utilized in my illustration world.
In this online course, Alexandra will share with you the basics of watercolor, including her personal preference of brushes, paints, paper and so forth. You’ll learn some basic watercolor techniques as well as, some of her own secrets of being a successful children's illustrator. In this process, you’ll learn how to gain confidence and break some of the traditional watercolor rules to discover your own style and method for painting.
This class is geared for beginners, but all levels are welcome. Once the class has been paid for, you’ll receive lifetime access to all of the free videos and lessons.
The design of this course is to provide:
- Photos and videos providing clear and concise step-by-step instructions.
- Freedom to study course materials at a time that suits you.
- FREE downloadable lesson plans.
- FREE access to a private Facebook page to:
- Engage with other creative individuals
- A warm and supportive community
- Ask questions about the e-course
Some of the features of this online course include:
- Basics of sketching
- Traditional watercolor techniques
- Ins-and-outs of what tools to use
- Developing a character (e.g. angles, expressions, etc.)
- Finding inspiration to paint
- 15-minute warm-ups
This is a 4-week course which will consist of 1-2 lessons per week.
The following materials are suggested (but not required) to make this e-course more successful for you.
- Basic set of watercolor paints
- Pentel watercolor brush
- Pentel mechanical drawing pencil
- Strathmore cold-press watercolor paper
- Tracing Paper
- Black ink pens (e.g. Pigma Micron)
- Notebook for notes
- Computer or Laptop to complete lessons
Alexandra is a licensed freelance illustrator based in Fort Collins, Colorado who illustrates children’s books and custom work for clients both nationally and internationally. She's a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) and a three-time Barnes & Noble Featured Artist of the Month. Her love for children and animals can be found within her whimsical illustrations.